Johns Tip : This is considered a Semi- Dry Wear. IF you become immersed, A small amount of water can get in, but these garments are more comfortable and less expensive than garments with latex gaskets for all openings.
Product DetailsSea kayakers seeking the ultimate protection from spray, wind and rogue waves will love the NRS Orion Paddling Top. Its articulated storm hood with face shield helps you cope with the nastiest conditions, and its GlideSkin™ neoprene neck gasket seals out water without the discomfort of latex.
- The Orion’s GlideSkin™neoprene neck gasket keeps nearly all water out while being more comfortable than latex for long days and extended tours.
- When the wind and spray kick up, raise the articulated, fully adjustable hood for extra protection.
- Wear the quarter-zip open for fair-weather paddling, or zip it up to the top for full-face protection.
- The perforated face shield blocks wind and spray without restricting air flow. It’s lined with soft fleece for comfort, and the offset zipper stays out of your way, whether closed or open.
- Latex wrist gaskets completely seal the sleeves for rolling and keep paddle-drip out.
- The waterproof-breathable HyproTex™ inner skirt dual-adjust neoprene waist mates with your sprayskirt to keep you and your kayak’s cockpit dry.
- 4-layer Eclipse™ fabric, with its proprietary waterproof-breathable barrier and Nanosphere® DWR finish locks water out while letting moisture escape.
- A splashproof, zippered dual-entry kangaroo pocket is great for warming hands or carrying your extra pair of gloves.
- Two splashproof, zippered sleeve pockets keep small essentials, such as snacks and sunscreen, near at hand.
- Reflective tape on the hood, and reflective graphics throughout the jacket, keep you visible in low-light conditions.
Weight: Large 1.90 lbs Material: 4-layer Eclipse™ Waterproof: Yes Breathable: Yes Neck Closure: GlideSkin™ gasket Wrist Closure: Latex gaskets with volcano-style neoprene overcuffs Waist System: Double-pull hook-and-loop closure Double Tunnel: Yes Pockets:
- 1 – Front
- 2 – Sleeve
Latex Neck Gasket: No Latex Wrist Gaskets: Yes Reflective Detailing: Yes Gender Sizing: Men Features:
- Articulated, adjustable hood
- Quarter-zip venting
- Perforated face shield
- Two splashproof sleeve pockets and one kangaroo front pocket
- Dual-entry zippered kangaroo pocket
Size Height Weight (lbs) Chest Waist S 5’2″-5’6″ 115-140 32″-36″ 28″-31″ M 5’5″-5’8″ 130-165 36″-40″ 30″-33″ L 5’7″-6’0″ 150-195 39″-43″ 32″-35″ XL 5’10”-6’2″ 185-225 42″-46″ 34″-37″ XXL 6’1″-6’4″ 215-245 46″-50″ 36″-42″
How to measure:
- Chest/Bust: With arms down at your sides, measure around the largest part of the chest, generally across the nipples.
- Waist: Measure around natural waistline, allowing tape measure to sit comfortably.
- Head: Measure above brow, around the fullest part of the head.