Featuring a shorter paddle shaft and smaller blades, the Hi Five Paddle is sized specifically for younger paddlers. This paddle also features a smaller diameter shaft for smaller hands. it will offer a more comfortable fit for kids than a standard, adult paddle. It is generally well-suited to paddlers under 5 feet tall.
Also, this paddle is really two paddles in one! It’s a kayak paddle that can easily be converted to a standup paddleboard paddle by detaching one of the blades and attaching the 3rd piece which is a shaft with a hand grip for SUP paddling. Additionally, kids can change the angle of their blade just like the grown-ups do.
This paddle works perfectly with the Hi Five Kids Kayak but will also allow your children to more comfortably paddle other smaller SUP boards or kids/smaller kayaks.
Note: photos shown are renderings only and this paddle will have a silver (not black) shaft
- Optimized for the Perception Hi Five kayak
- Compatible with any kids’ kayak and smaller SUP boards
- 190cm long (vs. 230cm for average adult paddle)
- Smaller (425cm2) blade for easy strokes
- Small diameter shaft sized for smaller hands
- 3-position push-button ferrule connection (60/0/60) in center of paddle shaft – enables adjustment of the blade angle known as feathering
- Paddle Weight: 1.67 lbs
- Fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene blades
- Corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum